Sauron Love Spain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ojo acerca del CC

2 posters

Go down

Ojo acerca del CC Empty Ojo acerca del CC

Post  Hirius Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:28 am

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=121473

This just in from Orion in a Q&A over on the Monster Play forum:

<snip>
Quote:
I am pushing hard to getting a maximum CC time instituted in the 'moors for PvMP conflict. I have made many good in-roads with the help and support of game play, board feedback and data that has people thinking that this is the correct course of action. We will make the changes for internal testing and then seed public servers once we feel confident we have the timing right. I hate sitting out of a fight for upwards of 30 seconds...I think 1/3 that time is too long...but we might settle closer to half. Now this statement is all speculative and crazy talk right now...so do not go running around declaring that this is awesome (creep side) and a travesty that will make you sacrifice goats on an altar of rage constructed from the bones of innocents meant to invoke ultimate suffering upon the one called Orion (Loremasters). We will test this and make certain that the diminishing returns do what we want...and what is best for PvMP. My current goal is 10 seconds max (1st), 5 seconds (2nd), gone. My retreat point is higher...but I am hoping it will not be too far from those numbers.
<snip>

While it was great to see a Q&A with a dev who was so willing to be approached for discussion, my problem with this as a LM is that for me, I always felt the CC and root skills were a good counterpoint to the fact that we have (1) light armor, and (2) not so great dps. We're really strong and really vulnerable at the same time. It comes with choosing to play a LM.

So for me those balance each other out in the Moors. Orion and others basically respond with, "silly LMs, you have a lot more than that to offer," but um, no.... not really. We don't have dps. If I'm in a 1-on-1 fight with a creep, the ONLY way I can even stop or engage the creep (or keep them engaged) is with CC and to a lesser extent root.

In a battle with a 5k-plus health creep, my puny little sword and staff, or the occasional fireball alone, won't cut it. Nor will my loyal pets, even if they manage to crit the occasional hit for a few hundred health points.

I just don't see why this is regarded as so one-sided. I have been stunned, hobbled and zerged by wargs a zillion times, webbed a zillion times by weavers, crippled by BAs... and my reaction isn't to scream "nerf!" We all have our skills. And look, I've played a warg for 3 months now and that first fight with a LM was pretty amazing. But I didn't walk away thinking it was unfair. I walked away thinking I needed to rank up my warg if I was really going to be able to take on a freep.

Anyway, just putting it out there. I'm really bummed. The whole idea of going from what I feel is a manageable DR as implemented (especially consider that at least 1 in 3 of my stuns or mezzes are resisted) to a 10-5-0 successive stun just blows my mind.
"Not all those who wander are lost." Although I usually am.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=143249&page=2

Orion's already posted on this - in the LM forums.
Crowd control will be reduced to 10 seconds max, with diminishing returns to follow on each *successful* cc cast. So ... you're mezzed for 10 seconds ... then you get rooted for 7 or so ... then you get stunned for 3-5 ... and then crowd control simply doesn't work on you anymore - for some as-yet undefined period of time.

Orion also said that resistances would be reduced for creeps - but how much those resists will be reduced is conjecture at this point. Probably not enough, I'd bet. Plus I don't think anything was said about taking away pots from creeps, so you'll still be able to become immune to crowd control after potting out of the 10 second cc and sucking it up through the 7 and 3-5 second cc. So after a grand total of 10-12 seconds of inaction with the use of 1 pot, you'll be completely immune to cc. Even if you are a Rank 0 warg. It doesn't matter if the LM in question is Rank 9 or 10 - he can only shut you down for 10-12 seconds with a pot.

Orion further said that creeps will be getting buffed so that they are more equal to freeps. So who knows what other love for creeps is coming down the pipe in Book 14. I'd expect to see some kind of instanced raid system to keep a fight more even in numbers. The creep zerg has been ruling Meneldor since the Defiler showed up in Book 13. Without some population controls to even the numbers, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I honestly wonder where Turbine think they are going with PvMP sometimes. I can appreciate the effort, but there are so many players that have never gone to the moors and have no interest in dealing with gank squads and the like. Not to mention that those on lower-end pcs struggle with epic amounts of lag just trying to walk around in a big raid. It seems like more effort should be spent on making the moors attractive for Freeps to own as well as doing *something* to improve the horrendous performance of the moors. Surely that would benefit more people than continuing the endless cycle of nerf-batting. What is this, DAoC?
Hirius
High Chieftain
High Chieftain

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Ojo acerca del CC Empty Re: Ojo acerca del CC

Post  Gharbag Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Ajajajajajajaja... muajajajajaja... jeje... ¿Y ahora? ¿Ahora que? ¿Preparados para sufrir, pueblos libres? Twisted Evil
Gharbag
Gharbag
Fighter
Fighter

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down